The day has finally arrived! As you can see, we've gotten a bit of a facelift around here. Hope you like the new look! I am excited to tell you what's new, as well as talk a little bit about where we've been, and where I see Silky Presets going this year and beyond...
BUT FIRST. I must FINALLY announce our winner for the Spring 2 Giveaway!
A number was randomly drawn, and that number was..... drumroll.....19! The 19th comment belongs to a Savannah W., and I will be emailing her soon so she can claim her prize. Congrats Savannah!
Now, let's take a look at the evolution of Silky Presets.
Let's go way back to the beginning...
starting with the VERY FIRST Silky Presets website, launched December 12, 2013:
Aw. So cute :P (Guys--If you were around when this was my website, and you're reading this now, BLESS YOU! Your loyalty is SO appreciated!) This was my own design and while it was fun to play with (the Play section would allow you to "try" some of the presets on various images) I soon realized it was lacking in some major ways. There just wasn't much to explore and it didn't give much of an idea of what the 90 presets I had at the time could really do.
It was, ultimately, boring and probably a frustrating user experience.
I wondered, what if I could create more choice, more flexibility, more freedom? Thus our single-preset model was created, in order to allow anyone to pick and choose their presets and build their own collections. I (mostly) unemotionally scrapped my first design and moved to a more responsive Shopify theme, relaunching on March 1st, 2014...
...a little under 3 months since the first site launched.
This site served me pretty well through a busy year and the release of Silver, Spring, Summer, Spice, the Adjustment Kits, and our Silky Strokes brushes.
But things were getting crowded with so many products! I needed a better solution.
Then on March 1st, 2015 I moved to yet another MUCH cleaner, more functional layout, releasing Soul and Special FX, followed by Shine 2, Satin, and Sublime.
And that brings us to today, and our newest look!
We've got a brand new redesigned logo that reflects our growth and change (courtesy of my talented brother, Bryan--- thanks again, bro ;)) and what I think is an even MORE improved layout that I think will really help you, my customers, find things more easily and make the most of the tools we have to offer. The beauty of it goes more than skin-deep, and I'm excited to tell you more about the new features I have planned this year.
BUT HOLD UP. WHAT KIND OF CRAZY PERSON CHANGES THEIR WEBSITE THREE TIMES IN TWO YEARS???
I know. It seems...excessive. But here's the thing. Silky Presets isn't just a business for me, and it isn't just about products. Photography is my passion, making quality tools to make editing easier has become something I care deeply about, and ultimately it has led me to so many relationships--from my friend and owner of sister company Simply Actions, to my amazing team of beta testers, to my customers around the country and around the world.
I want to build a real community, and one that works for YOU.
And that's what all this change and all this growth has been leading to. That's why I'm never satisfied! I am always looking for ways to make this company better, because YOU deserve the best.
Let's take a look at everything that's new today:
1) New logo and site design with better navigation
3) Prettier email template! Okay this may not seem that exciting, but I for one am looking forward to making our future mailings much more easy on your eyes ;)
3) This, though, is a big one-- WE ARE NOW ON INSTAGRAM! For real! And we are beyond excited to connect with you in new ways using this platform. Please follow us at @silkypresets to stay up to date, and tag us for a chance to be featured on IG and maybe even on the blog or in our emails. (Just be patient, please, I'm kind of an IG newb.)
4) Loyalty Rewards: Now there are even MORE WAYS to earn Silky Points!
Click on the pink Rewards tab to start earning points that you can redeem for $5, $10, or $25 off coupons! Earn points by:
- Signing up for a store account
- Making orders
- Sharing our site on Twitter or Facebook
- Following us on Instagram
- Referring friends
- Having a birthday!
ON OUR LIST, COMING SOON:
1) Learning Portal: I'm working on a HUGE new library of information to help you master the ins and outs of using our workflow and Lightroom's Develop module, including links to all our tutorials in an easy-to-use format. This will replace our current FAQ and will be 100X more awesome.
2) Descriptions for Every. Single. Preset. Yes, I'll be going back and filling in descriptions for all the older presets that were lacking them. I know this makes choosing the right presets for you easier!
3) New before/afters for tons of older presets across the site, because again, this makes it easier to know what you are getting.
4) Working Wishlists! I don't know why this feature isn't currently working, but I promise I'm going to find out and make sure it gets fixed. :)
I'm so excited to see where this year will take us! I have plenty of ideas lined up and I plan to keep making Silky Presets better and better. Thank you for your continued support and I hope you'll enjoy the new site and the new preset collections---don't forget to tell us what you think in the comments!
Liberty, Silky Presets